“In case nobody told you today:
You are beautiful, you are loved, you are needed, you are strong,
You are enough.”
In our life, there comes certain moments when you feel defeated, broken, alone, unloved, and even scared, I want you to remember those moments and say the phrase, “You are enough.”
But only saying these won’t help you, you truly need to believe these lines, and once every day, say it like a mantra.
If you don’t know what that means, then let me tell you, the phrase “You are enough” means that you are exactly who you were supposed to be. With all the flaws, complexities, good qualities, and bad ones, everything mixed together makes who you are, and that’s enough.
You don’t have to be something that you are not and never going to be, so trying is pointless. There is nothing to prove to anyone, and you are worthy of all that is good happening to you at this point in your life.
You Are Enough: Inspirational Quotes
When we see quotes about You are enough from other famous and inspirational people, it all reminds us to be true to ourselves and just accept who we are underneath and not try to be something we are not.
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”- Maya Angelou.
- “It’s about waking up in the morning and saying: No matter what gets done and how much is done and how it’s done, I’m enough, and I’m worthy of belonging and love and joy.” – Brene Brown.
- “You can’t say it enough: Your skin is beautiful, dark, light, in the middle, whatever. Brown is beautiful. Your hair is beautiful… Also, you are enough.” – Nicole Byer.
- “Accept that you are not perfect, but you are enough. And then start working on everything that destroys you. Your insecurities, your ego, your dark thoughts. You will see, in the end, you’re going to make peace with yourself.” – Finja Brandenburg.
- “You deserve to be the protagonist of your own wonderful, bizarre, terrifying life. If you decide you are enough, you are enough. You don’t need to wait for some grand external validation of your worth before you offer you kindest heart to yourself.” – Kathy Brown.
- “Fully embrace the fact that you are enough just being you. It’s so important for women to champion each other instead of competing against each other. Believe in yourself and believe in all the women in your life… imagine if we all supported one another?” – Lizzie Velaquez.
- “The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, valuable and imperfect.” – Brene Brown.
- “Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are compassionate or affectionate, you are enough.” – Daniell Koepke.
- “At the end of the day, darling, you are enough. You always have been. It may have taken you a while to see that and to finally reach this place, but you have always been enough.” – Lacey Ramburger.
- “You need not know what you are. Enough to know what you are not. What you are, you will never know, for every discovery reveals new dimensions to conquer. The unknown has no limits.”
It is true that not everyone has the ability to be independent, being dependent on each other is a basic human nature. It also has the added fear that being independent leads to being alone and isolated, but that’s totally wrong, the two are not at all related.
Here are a few inspirational quotes for her that will surely encourage you to be independent in your life as well.
- “I am no bird, and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
- “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of ration creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” – Jane Austen, Persuasion.
- “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.
- “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” – Coco Chanel.
- “It is easier to live through someone else than to complete yourself. The freedom to lead and plan your own life is frightening if you have never faced it before. It is frightening when a woman finally realizes that there is no answer to the question ‘who am I’ except the voice inside herself.” – Betty Friedan.
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela.
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever before.” – Albert Einstein.
- “Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.” – Taylor Swift.
- “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – Michael Bassey Johnson.
There is nothing you can’t do as you are enough, but the only thing that you should do is to believe in yourself and have faith in your own abilities. That way, you are able to do anything you put your mind to. So if you liked this article, then give it a like and comment down below.
- Keep Reading:
- You Got This: Prioritizing Your Goals
- Note To Self: The Choices You Need To Make In Your 20s
- Dear Me: The New Year Resolutions You Need To Make For Yourself